New work: map enhances icons (or is it vice versa?)

I created this map for a client who wanted a friendly sort of drawn map — the antithesis of Google Maps. She also wanted an icon to go with an accomplishment for each neighborhood. It was my choice to make the icons big and bold.

New work: map + iconsThe map is being used in a print piece for a candidate. She’s the incumbent in a City Council race in Minneapolis. The audience for the piece is the ward’s residents, so the map doesn’t have to be labeled with the city name.

It’s created in Adobe Illustrator. Effects are added to vector shapes to give them a hand-drawn feel. A couple of the icons are modified from stock images.

I’m pleased to get work from clients in a place where I haven’t lived for over 16 years!

For more maps I’ve created, see my portfolio.

14 Responses to New work: map enhances icons (or is it vice versa?)

1. I agree Lann, gotta get over the grind. We need to do another Stormwind run, or a run on all the Hordie elders, I’d even be down with a raid on Hogger or something. Just something silly and fun.

2. http://www.oweninsuragency.com/ July 15, 2016 at 3:09 am #

Yup, that’ll do it. You have my appreciation.

3. kia-club.ru October 7, 2016 at 10:12 am #

Sa vezi duma!:)) Citeste ultimele commenturi la “Pagina1″(Trecatorul)…Parerea mea? “Jesus, ladies!!!!” =)) )) “Inoncent”, “te-ar adopta intr-un fel sau altul”… Mai era si o invitatie cu rough sex… Tulai, in ce tara traim…:))) Ce de femei nepolenizateeee… :-”Thursday December 7, 2006 – 12:29am (EET)

4. auto 24 deutschland November 3, 2016 at 4:21 am #

Hi Honey!!I’m here seating reading and enjoy your particular and fun way of posting!!! so kool, so sweet!! Thanks a lots for your kinds words of our blog, thanks for stopping by and for gave us an award!! you know what?? I just have a few minutes here reading your blog, and your style, sweetness, (I don’t it’s ok) but I mean dulzura, make me happy too!!!! Receive a big hug from Puerto Rico. and from your new follower!!!Karenmiescuelitamontessori.blogspot.comps… please don’t drink too much coke!!!!!lol

• Jenn January 6, 2017 at 3:52 am #

Your answer was just what I nedede. It’s made my day!

• Pop star Lady Gaga is scheduling to launch her «Born This Way» tour in Hong Kong. March 1 the organizer Live Nation added a third show to be held on May 5 under the circumstance of fierce demand and short supply. It is roughly estimated that the ticket revenues will bring Lady Gaga a half billion Honk Kong dollars.

• http://www.pinchflatcolumbus.com/ March 9, 2017 at 9:13 am #

pointed out, some duplication comes for geolocating domains. I mean, “domain.com/french” may have the same content as “domain.fr”. The issue here is that we couldn’t do a redirection from .fr to .com because geolocation: the .fr domain is intended to people living in france, so they have diferent products. BUT although they have SOME diferent products, 90% of the site is the same.

5. zürich versicherung schadensmeldung auto November 4, 2016 at 11:43 pm #

That is looking fabulous. I hope i have enough room in my new sewing room for a cutting station, and I love the idea of all that storage underneath- colour co-ordinated and everything-perfect!

6. tv.nu November 6, 2016 at 4:58 pm #

Vull felicitar aquest blocaire que, se’ns dubte, tindrà la immensa sort de coneixe’t personalment.Estic segur de que no faltarà a la cita. Jo no hi faltaria!Jordi Ventura

• Mikel January 6, 2017 at 4:56 am #

Tip top stffu. I’ll expect more now.

• arcane legends hack for android February 14, 2017 at 8:31 am #

Todd YeagerAugust 25, 2011I love the point of “exposing SEOs to what best in class really is,” Dan.  It can be extremely eye-opening to realize just how much more knowledge some professionals have in your industry than you do.  If an SEO never inserts him/herself into that environment, i.e. advanced conferences,  they have no reason to think they’re not best in class…and will continue being blindly mediocre!!!

• legendary game od heroes hack for android February 15, 2017 at 9:05 am #

Malgré tout ce qui peut être écrit ici ou là, le juge des référés a un os à ronger : la convocation à une TGL et l’établissement d’un ordre du jour faits par une profane et non par le GM en exercice. Si ce ne devait être que cette erreur reconnue, se serait déjà suffisant pour annuler cette convocation.

7. insure compare January 17, 2017 at 11:05 am #

Gee willikers, that’s such a great post!

8. http://www./ January 29, 2017 at 5:27 pm #

I am a newbie homeschooler this year with a Kindergartener. Thank you for your Teaching Tips #1 and #2. Ready to read #3 and #4. I really want our daughter (and son) to be leaders with Godly character and ethics. Seems like a tall order many days, but I know just having them at home makes that order doable