Please use the Comments section below to do virtual brainstorming. Explanagraphics is the temporary name of my repurposed business. I don’t like it much, but it will become the permanent name, unless I can friend-source some creativity.
NOTE: don’t overlook the two pages of comments (if you’d like to see others’ thoughts)!
Please poke around this site to get an idea of the services on offer. The target market is both:
- Marketing/Comunications professionals
- Software development firms, especially start-ups
Criteria for Selection
Of course, I’m “the decider”… but I highly value input from my peeps.
The biggest limiting factor is that I must get the .com domain name. I won’t settle for something where another owns the obvious domain name, forcing me to settle for .biz, misspelling, or hyphenation. If you have a terrific idea where the domain name is “parked” I’m willing to try to buy it (if it’s available for a budget price).
Word and Phrase Ideas
- Marketers tend to talk of “visuals,” while geeks speak of “graphics.”
- I have often said my profession is “explaining.” It seems to cover informative graphics, interactive design, tech writing, classroom teaching and speaking engagements.
- I tend to like “mash-up” names like Explanagraphics, because they can define the business pretty well. But I think Explanagraphics sounds clunky.
Other Feedback Welcomed
This site is pretty much ready to launch. I’d be happy to get your thoughts — and especially reports of glitches anywhere in the site. Most of the text has not yet been copyedited! If you know my email address, please contact me directly. If not, please use the Contact page.